a ray of sunshine
♥


Wai hai thar ☺

Links.

♥

Layout by nineofthirteen

Archives.
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
May 2012
June 2012
July 2012
August 2012
September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
February 2013
March 2013
April 2013
May 2013
July 2013
August 2013


WHY SO TRAGIC
Tuesday, 13 March 2012

FUCK THE 8TH PRINCE'S LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can someone's life be SOOOOOO TRAGIC?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!
Episode 28 is SUCH A HEARTBREAKER FOR THIS 8TH PRINCE FAN.
Much because Kevin's pained face is really too damn good, I can really feel his sorrow!!!!!!!!!!!
The acceptance/resignation in his eyes and face.
Shoots straight into the heart.

I feel so much for how he has landed in this predicament :(

He really shouldn't have married Ruo Lan, sort of ruined his life really (and that of all the other princes...).

The scene of Minghui asking him to "lay all the burdens down" is so heart wrenching </3


//

The topic of letting go has been mentioned a few times in this series, especially since there's so much rivalry and grievances among the princes etc. http://mydramatea.wordpress.com/2011/11/05/bu-bu-jing-xin-ep-29/ Food for thought, time to reflect on myself.

I'm glad I went to read up on the drama forum threads / fan analysis blahblah (when I go crazy over something, I really go crazy #fangirl). Offers deeper insights into the drama which I would only have noticed myself after watching it more than once. Everytime you rewatch a drama, you will gain a fresh perspective/new insight!! That is totally true ala ISWAK.

In truth, I think this series has much more depth in 'subtleties' than the usual drama because it's a novel adaptation. I feel like reading the original Bu Bu Jing Xin novel lololol... if there's an english version la. But then again, if it's in english, it will only be half as nice. I think the chinese language is much more poetic than english, especially for 'ancient chinese'. Reading the same story in english just wouldn't carry the same weight & meaning.
& Mannn, I actually spoke in ancient chinese to myself just now in the toilet TROLOLOLOLOLOL. I'd occasionally sprout some random ancient phrase irl because I think it's cool ☺.


//edit:
FML i couldn't control myself and went to read all the spoilers for the remaining 5 episodes.
I don't know why I torture myself watching this drama. Such emotional turmoil, I feel emotionally/mentally exhausted watching this series. Some people can just casually watch and then forget, but I don't belong to that group of people!!! Ugh. Same goes for books.
I don't know if I can bear to watch the rest of the episodes :'(
14th prince is such a gem too.
This is definitely going down as one of my favourite dramas (for now), though they could have ventured deeper into the side stories and EVEN deeper about the prince's characters. Lolol, but I think that would have made it like 100 episodes long and even more torturous with the deeper stories and (also grievous) side stories about the other fringe characters. Hmm, side note, I don't think I really care about the side stories of the fringe characters, it would have been too wishy washy!!
"The biggest dilemma in Ruo Xi’s life as Maertai Ruo Xi is knowing history from the lens of a modern person, but tempering her inclination to cast judgment on the events unfolding before her as a Manchu woman. While the novel ending is bittersweet, it feels real and raw, with a profound sadness that these people couldn’t escape their fate. Contrast the ending to the happiness of all the princes and Ruo Xi at the birthday celebration for the 10th Prince at the beginning of the drama, I can only feel in awe of the masterful storytelling taking all these characters through such a riveting story until they feel so real to me. I also applaud the writer for not writing any character with black and white, making situations and misunderstandings and mistrust the root of all conflict.
Ultimately the princes who loved her did so in their own way, which aligned with their personalities and their objectives. 8th Prince waited for 10 years until Ruo Xi reciprocated his feelings, never taking another wife in the meantime and always being considerate of her. But ultimately he didn’t love her as much as he couldn’t let go of the pursuit of power that he rightfully felt he was most capable of wielding. 14th Prince was the completely selfless one, and would have given up everything for Ruo Xi if she loved him and asked him to not join in the fight for succession. And 4th Prince loved her enough for the novel to imply that he passed young because he simply lost the will to live after his best friend and his true love were gone."

I AM JUST GONNA KEEP RANTING ABOUT THE DRAMA TILL I STOP WATCHING IT/GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Labels:


/

older post newer post